Update by popular demand:
Life around here has been busy... doing a lot of nothing, but yet somehow the days seem to fly by.
Chris's parents came this past week for a visit. They were so excited to meet Ryleigh. It was nice to have someone who wanted to hold and spoil her all day. Made me not dread her marathon nights. They even babysat for a few hours so Chris and I could go out to dinner alone. It was nice.
I can't believe Ryleigh is 3 weeks old now! She's turning into a little piglet. Her cluster feeds are now pretty much constant with a brief ten minute cat nap in between. So around midnight it's pretty much feed, burp, change diaper, repeat until about 1 or 2 am. At which point her tank must be full and she sleeps for about 4 hours. Feeds around 4 or 5am and then another 3-4 hours of sleep. Can't complain about the 4 hours of sleep, but the fussing and eating til 2am can be a little stressful.
She's is starting to stay awake more often (contrary to what my parents experienced last week). She'll just sit in her swing and look around. Her cries are less blood curdling scream and have turned into more of a "hey I'm here, I'm hungry, feed me!" She still doesn't like the cradle. No idea what it is about that. We're gonna go back to working on getting her to sleep in there. We kinda gave up on it this week. We did get her to fall asleep in her crib for a nap one day this week somehow.
Chris has gotten initiated finally lol. I was the one who got peed on constantly even after baths in the first 2 weeks. Now she has taken to not only peeing on him during diaper changes (Three times this morning, twice during the same diaper change), but she also had a diaper explosion in his lap followed by a trail of spit up down his shirt after a later diaper change. Kinda funny.
Ryleigh has a doctor appointment tomorrow morning. Maybe I'll remember to update about that. We'll see how that goes... I'm not being called by the fuss-bug... new photos are constantly being added still to Ryleigh's photos.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment