Okay so people are begging for an update, but we've been rather boring lately :) Thus the lack of photos.
We spent the past few weekends lounging around the house. I did a good thorough cleaning for the first time in a while. We finally caught up on laundry. Chris has been working on a project for work. I did some Valentine's Day bows and clippies and figured out how to make collages in photoshop. I also knit a few hats.
Here's some Ryleigh updates:
*She LOVES books. She can sit for hours looking at books. She even found a blanket that I put on top of my comforter at night that was on the floor. She's claimed it as her spot. She will run into my room and just sit on the blanket with a book or her bowl of puffs, even if it's dark in there.
*She has discovered dancing. We noticed lots of youtube videos of babies dancing to Beyonce's "Single Ladies". So Chris downloaded the video and played it for Ryleigh and she immediately started dancing to it. Now she even goes up to his computer and gestures toward it. Or if you say "wanna dance?" she'll run to his computer. We've taken a few videos but I haven't tried to figure out how to get them off my new video camera. That's my next project now that I've figured out how to do SOMETHING in photoshop.
*She is talking more. She says: Dada, Mama, bye, more, up, book, boat, shoe, ball, uh-oh, ho-ho-ho, baby, ba(bottle, she's working on the -tle), she mumbles turtle... I'm sure there's more, but dang she's good at getting her point across.
*She can recognize body parts: Head, eyes, nose, mouth, ears, cheeks, belly, knee, toes, and she just learned butt (not sure where she got that one!).
*She says animal sounds: Monkey "ooh-oh", and she just learned birdie "tweet, tweet"
*She loves her babies, and she loves feeding them. She even comes up to us and points to the mouth then holds her hand out to the side palm up and says "Ba?" like "where's my baby's bottle?" I gave her a baby in the car and immediately she did that asking where her baby's bottle was. And Kim has taught her how to burp her babies too.
*She plays pretend. She takes the food from her kitchen and pretends to eat it. She even brings it to us and gets a kick out of it when we pretend to eat it too.
*And last but not least, she learned to OPEN DOORS a few days ago! We're in trouble now considering 2 of her "gates" were doors, so I guess a trip to Babies R Us is an order to do some toddler-proofing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HI!!!
Oh the toddler proofing!!!!
I hated it when Camdyn learned the door open, oh my, I had to Baby Proof my pantry!!!! Still her favorite place to go hide!!!! NOt afraid of the dark in there either!!!!
Isn't it so much fun watching their little personalities develop????
The talking, oh gosh, Camdyn is talking up a storm now too!!!!
Everyday it is a new word!!!!!
Oh how funny on the butt, Camdyn knows that one too!!!! Only it's butt-butt, like she has 2!!!! Well she thinks the front and the back is butt-butt!!!!Oh scary!!!!
Have a great day
stay dry, only a few more wet days!!!!
hugs,
jamie
Post a Comment