Here's a photo from when I was packing our bags to leave. Other than the outfit she's wearing, this ensamble is COMPLETELY a RYLEIGH ORIGINAL!
| From 2010 05_May |
We left Monday around 1ish, hoping Ryleigh would fall asleep in the car. She enjoyed watching Mickey Mouse club the ENTIRE way to Phoenix. Now if I hear the "tick tock, tick tock, gotta find the coo-coo-clock" chant one more time.... She did really well on the trip. Traffic was not bad at all. I would have figured more people would have gone to California for the long weekend, but I guess the desert attracted everyone, as traffic was much worse on the other side.
Before we left, Ryleigh began this obsession with bears. They've reached the popularity of babies in Ryleigh's world. The night before we left she would not go to bed without her bear. My parents had given her a gift certificate for Build-a-Bear for Christmas. While she's still a little young, I figured it was a great time to let her have her first experience. I let her choose her bear (she picked the softest one, which also happens to be the allergy/asthma bear, woo no dust!). Then we waited in line to get her bear stuffed. She was already so attached to her bear, she didn't like having to give the bear to the man to stuff. When he gave it to her to test out, she didn't want to give it back to him to sew up :) Then I told her that bear needed a bath to get all his fuzzies off. She threw it in the tub and ran away sobbing. After a little coaxing she gave bear a bath. And she LOVED picking out clothes for bear, which made it all better. I picked out 3 cute dresses, and Ryleigh chose the pink one. Here she is loving her bear.
| From 2010 05_May |
After her nap, she went and played in the backyard with Uncle Chris and Kristin. She was getting so wet, we just went for the swimsuit. She was so proud of her ability to step in and out of the pool.
| From 2010 05_May |
Uncle Chris is trying to get Ryleigh go down to the next step.
| From 2010 05_May |
"I don't think so guys!"
| From 2010 05_May |
This is after she got her face wet, on accident, so she's playing cool like nothing happened.
| From 2010 05_May |
She wanted Grampa to go in the water with her.
| From 2010 05_May |
We had a great first "real" day of vacation!!
1 comment:
So fun!!!! she is so adorable! LOVE the pool ones, she LOVES it! We still doing lunch Friday?
Post a Comment