Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer Vacation Day 3 - Disneyland

Up bright and early again for Disney Day 2 at Disneyland!! Ready to go! This was another series of about 8 photos that all looked awful with her fake smile, then I somehow got this sassy one. She got so many compliments on her Minnie romper, and the hairbow I made, and the necklace from Miss CoCo Designs pulled it all together.
From 2012 Summer Disneyland
First character she saw was the rabbit from Alice and Wonderland. She actually knew who he was thanks to her watching the new remake of Alice and Wonderland at my parents house a few weeks ago. She was mesmorized by that movie.
From 2012 Summer Disneyland
From 2012 Summer Disneyland

We headed to Fantasy land to get all the kiddie rides that usually have hour long waits (aka. Peter Pan's Flight). We hit up most of the Fantasy Land favorites. I didn't take many pictures of the morning in Disney. But I did get this cute one of Ryleigh on the carousel.
From 2012 Summer Disneyland
We had a fun filled ride-filled morning. Then stopped off at the Hungry Bear Restaurant for lunch. It's our favorite lunch spot. I think we eat there every time we go to Disneyland. I love watching the boats and canoes go by and the ducks out on the water as we eat.

Then we headed home for another nap. We got back just in time to get a good spot for the parade.
Minnie had such a fun float. 
From 2012 Summer Disneyland
Ryleigh and Grandma G jamming away!
From 2012 Summer Disneyland
"Look!"
From 2012 Summer Disneyland
"Ariel!!" She blew a kiss to Ryleigh :)
From 2012 Summer Disneyland
Donald and the Three Caballeros.
From 2012 Summer Disneyland
I thought this was cool because when we were running the TinkerBell 1/2 Marathon in January, we ran through Disneyland, and they had Donald and this float out near New Orleans square. See...
From TinkerBell 1/2 Marathon Weekend
Then came all the princesses on a float. There was Snow White, Aurora, Rapunzel...
From 2012 Summer Disneyland
Ryleigh's excited to see them.
From 2012 Summer Disneyland
From 2012 Summer Disneyland
And Cinderella and Belle on the back.
From 2012 Summer Disneyland
Again, I had an "ah ha!" moment. When we were running the TinkerBell 1/2 Marathon they had this float out in Fantasy Land and it was a character stop with all of the princesses (many of which were on the float). I just ran past it (gotta keep up my time!) But I did get a picture! We didn't go to Disneyland after the race (we went to California Adventures) so I had no clue those were current floats used in the current parade. Neat to see them in action.
From TinkerBell 1/2 Marathon Weekend
And TinkerBell had her own float in the parade too. Wonder why her float wasn't out at the race??
From 2012 Summer Disneyland
And lastly, the chimney sweepers...
From 2012 Summer Disneyland
And Mary Poppins!!!
From 2012 Summer Disneyland
We got to see the fireworks over the castle too, in what's becoming our usual spot - right in the center of the road between the island in front of the castle and Tomorrow Land. They make a walkway there, and don't allow people to stand in it, so no one is in front of you. 

Love the castle all lit up at night.
From 2012 Summer Disneyland
And a family picture in front of the castle to end the night.
From 2012 Summer Disneyland
What a fun trip! So neat to share the Disney experience with Chris's parents who haven't been to Disney in a very long time. Hopefully we can do it again in the future when Ryleigh can actually ride all the rides!! 

2 comments:

Mimi said...

HI!!!
WHAT A fun time...Ryleigh looked adorable in her romper and necklace and headband!!!!I love the carousel pic!!!So cute!!!!
Disneyland is your fav place as it is OURS!!!
Hugs,
jamie

Mimi said...

HI JULIE!!
AND you and I share a friend as well!!!!Isn't that amazing?????One of Corie's Sorority's sisters is a teacher and she works with brynn Carmichael.......and Brynn Carmichael was good friends due to living in Arrowhead where another one of my high school friends lives....remember Carolyn Hallahan and Megan Hallahan and their cousin Lindsay?????WOW....and then Becca Neuner lived next door to Lindsay hallahan....I also went to HS with Brett Parks parents?????So the list of WOW...it is a SMALL world just goes on and on!!!!
Loved Miss R on that carousel!!!
hugs,
jamie