Last weekend I was the maid of honor in Courtney's wedding in Denver. Her wedding was beautiful. And traveling wasn't too bad. Got an aisle seat both out there and back. Discovered my ankles swell really bad when I sit or stand too long. So there is some truth to the whole putting up your feet thing. Think BGer dropped a little on Sunday. Don't know if it is just the change in her position (the left side is getting kicked instead of the right), but I can feel the head really low in my pelvis frequently pressing on the bones and getting the sudden intense urge to pee. There's actually space now between my chest and the top of my belly.
Had a doctors appointment on Monday--32 weeks. Finally saw my normal doctor again. Despite all the bad stuff that people say about Kaiser, I really like my Kaiser doctors. I hadn't seen my normal OB in 2 months due to schedule conflicts. But he came in and asked me how work was, and if we'd been busy in the OR before he'd even pulled up my chart. The fact that he remembers what I do really impresses me. Anyways, we talked about my carpal tunnel and the impact it's having on work. He offered to write me a note for work, but I figured I could wait it out another 2 weeks til after my next appointment. We talked about disability and when I can go on disability/maternity leave. Then he measured BG. The BGer is 1.7kg or about 3.74lbs and she's still head down-- thank goodness! Then he threw something out there I didn't expect. He told me when he was on call during my 39th and 41st weeks. He said that if my cervix was ready he would allow me to go in on one of those days and be induced if I wanted him to be the one to deliver BG. It's kinda nice to know I have that option, even if I don't know if I'd ever take it. Who knows how I'll feel at 39 weeks though. Just thought it was interesting. Finally a productive OB appointment again that went beyond weight, protein in urine check, quick ultrasound, questions... done.
Tuesday I went to breastfeeding class. Interesting that Kaiser is now a "baby friendly" hospital meaning they essentially are breastfeeding only. They don't provide formula to the babies unless it is medically necessary. They encourage you to ask for a medical reason as to why a formula bottle would be suggested. Kaiser offers a lactation clinic every weekday in the afternoons where you can walk in and get help from lactation consultants. Nice to know that help is so accessible if/when I may need it. Overall, pretty good class, but the format was really disjointed so what could have taken an hour and a half took three hours. Made for a long day.
BG is moving a lot more frequently throughout the day. It's like a gremlin is living in my stomach with a mind of it's own. Kinda funny when all the sudden my badge goes flying all over the place during my case as BG is finding a new comfortable position. I have more energy lately, the most I've had the entire pregnancy. Even 10+ hour days a few days in a row didn't exhaust me as much as a few weeks ago. Sleeping is also a little easier, as my back hurts less. Now I just have swollen ankles and sore knee joints, and a right hand that consistently goes numb.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment