![]() |
| From Baby Pruett |
![]() |
| From Baby Pruett |
I'm working. Finally decided that October 10th will be my last day of work. I'm starting to get swollen ankles pretty much anytime I'm out of bed. Some days are worse than others. Carpal tunnel is still around, and the fluid retention is more noticible now in my hands. BG is running out of room, her movements are becoming painful some days, especially in my rib area. Some days I think she's dropped a little with lots of pelvic pressure and other days she's burying her feet in my lungs. She just can't make up her mind. Doctor said she weighed about 5 pounds last Monday.
We did the maternity tour last week as well as post-partum care class. Kinda feel like I know a little more to expect when the big day arrives. The maternity wing of the hospital is brand new. Apparently it was rebuilt after the Northridge Earthquake and just opened not too long ago. The entire 4th floor of the new wing is maternity. There's a triage/observation room you visit and chill in first to make sure you're in labor. Then you get moved to this ginormous (well in comparision to the other rooms) labor and delivery room. They've got everything they need for delivery in there, including a warmer, sink, etc. to clean up the baby afterwards. Then after chilling in there for few hours, you get moved to a postpartum room which is way smaller. All rooms are private and baby stays with you the entire time unless there's a medical reason for separation. The OR for a c-section has direct access from the labor and delivery rooms in case an emergency c-section were required, and the post op recovery rooms are all in the same area as well. Overall, very impressed with the hospital. I'd venture to say that it's MUCH nicer than Cedars.
Now we're just counting down the weeks/days til BGer decides to make her appearance.


No comments:
Post a Comment