Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I was fortunate enough to be able to switch some of my call, thus allowing me to go to Arizona to spend Christmas with my family. We left on Christmas Eve and got to Arizona round 3:30pm. Ryleigh went down for a nap, while we had our traditional Christmas Eve dinner of Chinese Food and Pizza. Then we went to church.

We got up this morning and opened our stockings. (Santa delivered Ryleigh's present to our place in California. He knew we didn't have room in the car to bring it back, so you'll just have to wait and see what he brought!) Ryleigh got a new Webkins doggie, some weebles, 2 new balls, and many more little toys. Then we had our traditional Christmas breakfast of french toast, eggs, hashbrowns, sausage, fruit and bacon. We sat down to eat breakfast and watched the Walt Disney Christmas parade.

From Xmas at Grandmas 2009

After we all got dressed, we got ready to open presents. Ryleigh started us off. She got a little tykes basketball set for the bath tub.
Uncle Cory got Ryleigh a UofA alphabet board book. It has all UofA related things for each letter of the alphabet. (A is for Arizona, B is for Basketball, C is for Cheerleader, D is for dunk, E is for exercise, f is for Football... ;))
From Xmas at Grandmas 2009

And after only about a half hour, Ryleigh was already ready for a nap.
From Xmas at Grandmas 2009

So she went down for a nap, and the rest of us opened the rest of our presents.
Here's my dad comparing his mini HP netbook, to Chris's new 17" HP Blu-Ray laptop.
From Xmas at Grandmas 2009

Once Ryleigh woke up from her nap, she got some more bath toys, Up! for Blu-Ray, and she was so excited to get babies (twins) from Grandma and Grandpa.
From Xmas at Grandmas 2009

She couldn't wait to get them out of the box!
From Xmas at Grandmas 2009

She loves her babies!! I think she missed them :)
From Xmas at Grandmas 2009

From Xmas at Grandmas 2009

That last picture I was trying to get her interested in opening something else, but she had to keep feeding her baby.
And then Grandma and Grandpa got her a Tickle Me Elmo. She thinks it's so funny. (You can see the boys in the background playing Super Mario Bros on Wii.)
From Xmas at Grandmas 2009

From Xmas at Grandmas 2009

From Xmas at Grandmas 2009

From Xmas at Grandmas 2009

She also thought it was really exciting to open her mypillowpet.
From Xmas at Grandmas 2009

From Xmas at Grandmas 2009

And finally, she got a picnic table from Grandma and Grandpa.
From Xmas at Grandmas 2009

From Xmas at Grandmas 2009

Overall we all had a great Christmas! I got Photoshop (Finally!) so I can play around with photos now. I also got a Eye-Fi for my camera. Makes uploading photos SOOO easy! And I can't wait to try out my body bugg to kick my butt into shape. Chris's big present was his laptop. He also got lots of blu-ray movies. Ryleigh got a vtech kiddilook which is a basically a mini photo frame for kids. Don't worry Mamaw and Papaw, your photos are already loaded on it! So grateful I got the time off to spend the day with my family once again. I know one day it will not be so easy, so I'm thankful for the times it is possible.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

That is so great the you were able to come home and spend it with your your family:) Looks like Ryleigh had a great x-mas!! Kids make the holidays soooo much FUN:)

Mimi said...

HI JUlie!!!!
So glad you made it home for Christmas!!!!I know it is a 5-6 hour drive, but worth it huh?????
Love Ryleigh's excitement over her new things!!!! She looks so cute in her Red Snowflake outfit!!!!
How fun you got photoshop, we love it!!!!!Corie is way better at it then I am, so I let her play around with it more then I do!!!!!
Hugs,
jamie