Saturday, February 20, 2010

Quick visit with Family

My family from New York (Auntie Bonnie, Uncle Andy, and cousin Lane) went to Arizona this past week to visit my parents, and my grandma. I was unable to go to Arizona due to the vacation schedule at work, as well as being on call. So my parents and my Aunt and Uncle decided to come to California to visit us! They went to school at Loyola Marymount right up the street from us, so they know our area well, except a lot has changed since they were here last! They came in on Thursday afternoon. We went down to Hermosa Beach and walked down to the pier and it was actually open, so we walked down to the end. We had such gorgeous days earlier in the week, but it was cold on Thursday. We had dinner at Hennessey's on the beach.

My parents were going to babysit on Friday, but I ended up not going into work. So we went to the park instead.
From February 2010

Ryleigh was in a daze, and just stared at all the kids running around (there were a lot of kids!)
From February 2010

On the swings she finally cracked a smile.
From February 2010

My cousin Lane, loved Ryleigh!
From February 2010

My Aunt and Uncle had to go back early today, since their plane leaves tomorrow morning. I'm so glad I got a chance to see them this year! (I missed them last year!)

7 comments:

Corie said...

Wouldn't it be nice to be retired and we would never miss out on any fun?? Glad it worked out for you to have some family fun, thats the most important thing in life! Ryleigh looks so cute in her beanie!

Mimi said...

Fun times for sure!!!!!
Love the beenie hat, did you crochet that????
hugs,
jamie

Julie said...

Hi Jamie,
Yes I did knit her hat. I've made her about 5 or 6 of them. I have about 10 friends having babies this year (already) and have already started making knit hats for their babies.

Travis & Janan said...

She's so cute and getting so big!!! Doesn't it go by so fast?!?!

Mimi said...

HI!!!
Camdyn fell and cut her lip open and Corie and I were loosing it over the gush of blood!!! I hate it, and almost passed out when Corie delivered!!!!The sight of blood makes me so nervous!!!!
Have a great week end
when are you coming over to Phx for a visit??? We thought about a mini Mom's day reunion with Amy, Joanna, Chrissy, Liz and who knows at the train park, if you know you are coming let us know!!!!
hugs,
jamie

Mimi said...

HI Julie!!!
How awesome your Dad grew up in Hawaii!!!!
I bet that was a very fun childhood, my cousin has lived on Kauai for close to 30 years now, so her girls grew up there as well, one still lives there, one moved back to AZ. They tell stories of going to school barefoot!!!!
But can you believe this year was the first time she has ever been on a whale watch??? it was a field trip with her 3rd grader!!!!!
Now that is weird!!!!
Her Dad became quite wealthy doing construction over there after hurricane Iniki destroyed their island!!!!!So I do not know why she never went out to watch the whales, after all they are there every winter!!!!!
I was not hungry while there, so did not eat anything.Wish I had though!!! AT least a snow cone, or they call them something ice????
Hugs,
jamie

Mimi said...

HI!!!
How cool to be the son of a MINISTER!!!!that is so amazing!!!From what I understand Religion is very imporant to the Hawaiian people, that is why the Mormon's sent so many Missionary's over there in the early days!!!! Most Hawaiian's I know are LDS!!!!
I know shaved Ice, that's it!!!!Looked so good, I just was not hungry!!!Flip flops are my hubby's favorite footwear too!!!!
Stacie's german employee's thinks it's so funny that ALL or Most Americans only wear flip flops, meaning sandals that flip of any kind!!!!!
I will have to check out that Hawaiin restaurant, just to try something different!!!!
thanks for that
hugs,
jamie