Saturday, March 20, 2010

Figuring out Grass

It seems that I don't post much unless I'm on call. I know I definitely take more photos then that's for sure. Thus the lack of updates. We haven't really been doing much. Just working.

Today Chris was off work (for once on a Saturday), so we went to the Playa Vista Farmer's Market. If only we cooked with lots of fresh ingredients it would be a great place to get them. On the way back we stopped at ICON park (another one of our little parks) where Ryleigh ran in the grass. Last year Ryleigh HATED grass with a passion. This is how Ryleigh felt towards grass last year:
From 365_2009_06June


This year, she was a little hesitant and walked funny...
From March 2010


But eventually got both feet in the grass!
From March 2010


And then she got over it and ran around.
From March 2010


It was a gorgeous day at the park.
From March 2010

From March 2010


Then we went shopping for new shoes for Ryleigh. She's in between sizes. So while she's outgrowing some of her current shoes that are size 4, size 5s are way too big still. We did find a pair of shoes for Ryleigh's Easter outfit. I had been looking for them online, but they were out of stock everywhere. So I was very excited to see them at Brooks Shoes for Kids sitting on the shelf in the exact size we needed! Then we went out to dinner at Islands where Ryleigh sat in a booster seat for the first time. She did great! She colored the whole time and never fell out!

5 comments:

Corie said...

Grass does feel quite strange on your feet, looks like she enjoys it now!:) Glad you found some shoes for her, problem is I always find TOO many shoes for Miss Camdyn. Oh well, a girl can never have too many right!?:)

Mimi said...

HI!!!
Grass between the toes is so lovely!!!!Like sand, only better!!!!
Haha
glad she likes it!!!
She is so cute and wow I never remember her being a little tiny chubby baby, is that an oxy moron, a tiny chubby baby>??? What I mean is her being young and being chubby, I thought she was real tiny?? WOW, I guess I have forgotten, but look at her now, all tall and grown up and loosing all that cute baby fat, I love little chubby babies, all of mine were chubby little things!!!!
have a fun week!!!
hugs,
jamie

Julie said...

Jamie, I know!! I can't believe she was so chunky. When I opened that photo last night I was shocked at how michelin man she looked!

Sandy said...

Olivia has that same problem with shoes. Size 4 is getting way too tight but Size 5 is still huge. That is awesome Ryleigh sat in a booster. If Olivia isn't buckled, nobody is eating. The weather looks so nice out in Cali.

Julie said...

Sandy, The shoe thing is really annoying. We needed to buy at least 2 pairs of shoes, but the size 5's were so big we didn't know how they'd actually fit once she got to that size (she had thick, wide feet). So we decided to wait til her feet finally take their growth spurt.

I was glad Ry sat in the booster. Normally the highchairs are so short that she feels out of the action and whines the whole time. This way she was up at the table with us, she didn't even try grabbing at everything on the table like she does from the highchair. She just sat there and colored. Maybe we just lucked out, but I hope that's not the case.