Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Colorado Trip - Day 4

Sunday, June 26 -

We went to make some returns. Courtney got some duplicates, things she didn't like. So we ran around town returning things. Then we headed to the mall.

We went into the American Girl store. I've never been to one before. I lived close to 2 of them in LA and never went in. I can't wait for Ryleigh to get older. It's like 6-12 year old girl heaven! Ryleigh loved the Bitty Baby section and couldn't understand why I was making her put the baby in the stroller back when we left lol. She got a miniature Rebecca doll that she loves. We are teaching her how to treat 'Becca nicely until she can get a bigger doll for her birthday.

We also had to hit up Crocs. Crocs are based out of Boulder, Colorado. When I first found them for lab/work in 2004 they were so hard to find. The kiosk they were selling them at was only temporary. I finally found them when I moved to Denver. Ryleigh has a pair of cute brown crocs (that she wore with her blue and white outfit) and I wanted to find that style in a bigger size in black for her and figured I'd have luck in Colorado since none of the stores by us had them. Unfortunately they discontinued that style. But Ryleigh did find some Crocs she loved!! They're color changing. In the shade they're white and pink. In the sun the white turns purple. They had cute translucent sandals too (remind me of the old jellies), but sadly Ryleigh has a midget foot at a size 6.5-7 and the smallest size they make the sandals in is 8/9. I found a cute pair of peep-toe translucent flats that are amazingly comfy!!! This is quite the feat seeing as how no other flat shoe fits my oddly shaped foot. There's always some pressure point somewhere - but not in the Adrina flat! I love em!

Here's Ryleigh showing off her new crocs. In the shade - they're white (she was actually just in the sun, so they're not totally changed back to white yet)! She also got a new bracelet of Jibbitz charms from Crocs too. She got Minnie Mouse and Tinkerbell!
From 2011 June
And in the sun - they're PURPLE!!
From 2011 June

1 comment:

Corie said...

Looks like you had a fun trip! Bet you had so much fun at the american girl store. That is our fave place! And 2 in LA? I only know of 1....wonder if there is one even closer than Grove location? Bet Ryleigh went crazy, Camdyn loves all of her American Girl dolls.:)