Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Father's Day 2011

For Father's Day we got Chris his own Kindle, so he could read all the books he's been going through on something bigger and lighter than an iphone. All morning he had fun trying to figure what books to download.

We went over to my parents house for dinner. Chris and Kristen were there too, and Cory's still home for the summer. We had a BBQ and some swimming.

Ryleigh hasn't had swim lessons yet and she's definitely not afraid to jump towards Chris or I off the step when we aren't looking. So we don't trust her without floaties. This is the floaty we had at my parents house. My brothers both used to have similar floaties 20 years ago. This one is a little tight to get into, but does the trick. Just not too fashionable though - but I guess if you combine it with a hat and sunglasses....
From 2011 June

From 2011 June

From 2011 June

And she made poor Kristin lift her up for dunks. No one else was allowed to do it.
From 2011 June

Great fun in the sun. I'm pretty sure all the dad's had fun!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

SAFETY IS #1
Swimming lessons were GREAT for MISS C, she is swimming like a fish. I just have to remind her all the time, she cannot physically swim to far, her legs are NOT strong enough yet, must work on kicking everyday, to propel across the pool. So we go her --her very own kickboard. I say make sure they love the water, have some fear and respect, learning the techniques will come.
HAppy Father's Day to Chris
hugs,
jamie